[wp-hackers] Where do smilies come from?

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Wed Apr 6 17:17:13 GMT 2005

If you've seen the default phpBB smilies, then you'll notice that both are same. I guess they both are from the same place, phpBB. Or am I wrong? ;)
& phpBB is under GPL

infact, I've seen quite a many softwares using these smilies!! :)

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

---------- Original Message from  carthik at gmail.com ----------

Hi all,

Could one of the old-timers (Michel/Alex/Matt/Mike/Dougal/Mark or
someone else I may have forgotten) answer the following question :

Where do the smilies in WP come from? Who created the images, and what
is the license for the images?

I am interested in their history, as is someone else
(http://codex.wordpress.org/index.php?title=Talk:List_of_Emoticons )

Thank you,
Carthik.
--
When nothing is done, nothing is left undone -- ÀÏ×Ó L¨£ozi

University of Central Florida
Homepage: http://carthik.net