[wp-hackers] Overriding Cor Functions (Was: IIS Problem)

Dougal Campbell dougal at gunters.org
Mon Apr 4 21:20:44 GMT 2005

Kimmo Suominen wrote:
> On Mon, Apr 04, 2005 at 01:52:59PM -0500, Ryan Boren wrote:
>
>>On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 14:14 -0400, Dougal Campbell wrote:
>>
>>>Then we only have plugins fighting amongst themselves over who defines
>>>the function first :)
>>
>>Whoever is first wins.  This is a problem in all approaches discussed
>>thus far.  You can't have two plugins trying to replace core functions.
>

> My next plugin will be called "AAAAA Super Plugin".  :-)

Nice try, but my 000-SpamForceField.php plugin already trumps that ;)

The ultimate "Must Load First" plugin, without using problematic
characters, would probably just be named "+.php". But the uber-hackers
could sneak in before that with " .php" (a space character). And
super-elite mondo h4x0rz would probably try embedding a NUL or SOH
control character in the filename.

--
Dougal Campbell <dougal at gunters.org>
http://dougal.gunters.org/