[wp-hackers] IIS Problem

Amit Gupta amit at igeek.info
Sat Apr 2 19:20:06 GMT 2005

This should be on the must have list for the next release, its not that difficult to implement. A function to send mail can be created, like wp_mail() which will accept headers, etc. which the mail() function accepts & this new function will check if the mail() function is available or if the user has set the option to use smtp in the config file. It'll then send mail through the mail() function or through smtp, accordingly.

using a PEAR class would be overkill I'd say!! besides not everyone has PEAR, I haven't got it installed, I don't use it, but use some PEAR classes by directly including them in my apps. Maybe Ryan can answer this topic, if he's around & reading this, Matt is not around, that we all know.

-----
Amit Gupta

|| Canned!! -- my Atropine || iG:Syntax Hiliter v2.01 ||
|| iGEEK.INFO || Free Nokia Ringtones || Online Gaming @ Games Planet ||

---------- Original Message from false.hopes at gmail.com ----------
 No, WP does not have an option to use an alternative to mail(), and thus a few weeks back I ran into trouble installing it because I purposely left out mail support in PHP. It would be nice if it were wrappered in if function exists statements and if not, it tried to use an SMTP connection or one of the PEAR classes that does mailing.