[wp-gsoc] [Summer of Code] #353: Revision author set to first viewing user when file is updated outside of editor

Summer of Code noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 27 10:32:57 UTC 2013

#353: Revision author set to first viewing user when file is updated outside of
editor
----------------------------+-------------------------------
 Reporter:  a.hoereth       |       Owner:
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  new

Comment (by a.hoereth):

 I don't currently see a way how to update a post 'without an author'. So I
 might need to stick with 'first user visiting the editor is set as
 author'.

 [http://gsoc.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/353/353.patch 353.patch]
 tried to approach this by setting post_author to 0, but wp_insert_post()
 still overwrites it with the current $user_id.

--
Ticket URL: <http://gsoc.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/353#comment:1>
Summer of Code <http://gsoc.trac.wordpress.org>