[wp-forums] Shared Hosting questions

TechGnome tg at tannagh.com
Fri Mar 31 20:49:41 GMT 2006

Here's been my experience:
Any host worth their salt does NOT let the user create databases with
any name they choose. If they have done it right, then they (the user)
has to use their CPanel (or what ever control panel) to create the
database. Normally the host will use the user name as part of the
database name, plus some sort of additional ID in case ChimpA creates
more than one DB. If there are hosts out there letting their users
create what ever DB name they want w/o some kind of check, then it maybe
time for a new host. To do otherwise is asking for trouble.

-tg