[wp-forums] 2 Quick Questions

Vicki Frei vkaryl at localnet.com
Sun Mar 26 01:57:13 GMT 2006

On 3/25/2006 6:48:32 PM, Handy (handy.solo at gmail.com) wrote:
> Howdy all.  Bit of a newb here on the list, been trying to keep a
> low'ish
> profile.  If you don't mind, I have two quick questions.
>
> 1)
> I've seen it alluded to... Is there a short-hand way to add urls in the
> forums, or are you all forever typing <a href="foo.html">bar</a>?  (bah, I
> bet you html readers aren't
> going to quite get the gist of that).
>
> 2) Aside from
> Moshu's comments about my poor reading comprehension, any
> feedback anyone wants to offer?  I've
> been attempting to be useful for a
> month or so now.  I realize I don't get 'em all right, but I think
> I'm doing
> ok.  However, if I'm screwing stuff up.. PLEASE let me know.  I
> have 3 kids
> and a wife who
> aren't shy about offering feedback; you guys can offer it
> too.  :-)  If you don't
> feel comfortable pointing anything out in public,
> just shoot me an email directly.
>
> Cheers,
>
> HandySolo
> aka Chris

Captain Solo, welcome aboard....

The shorthand is for codex links:  any page in the codex can be called
directly by the use of [[ page name ]] (double-square-brackets around
the actual page name).  Such as [[Plugins]].  Or [[The_Loop]].

Otherwise, we're all stuck with the lengthy annoying href stuff.  I just
load the page I want in another tab, and copy the whole shmear from the
addy bar, being the lazy git I am.

Otherwise, personally I think you're doing fine.  You have some
knowledge areas which complement the rest of us very nicely.  Far as I'm
concerned, you can keep on keepin' on!