[wp-forums] Who can offer what

spencerp psgif180 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 20 03:03:50 GMT 2006

T.G. wrote:
1) You should care though. These are your forums just as they are mine, > just as they are Podz's, Viki's and sometimes moshu's (on days when he hasn't disavowed us  ;-) )

Well, really I do care, I was just saying that, basically because I "felt" like either no one has gotten my emails, or didn't even care to read them.. =(  But, evidently my email account, sucks and I know my ISP does..so that's probably the main factor in this... sigh. I know getting emails either WAY too earlier, or WAY too late, throws off the whole discussion. So -10 points goes to my email/isp account I suppose.. =(

T.G. wrote:
2) Isn't that what the Codex is for? A knowledge base of all things WP?  I'm not sure how a KB at this point would be of any use.

Yup, I know that the Codex is basically the Knowledge Base", but in reality though, 90 some % of the new users, don't even check there anyways, either because they too lazy to read and hunt, or just want the answers slapped to them on a silver platter, quickly.

As basically seen in the forums since I even joined, non-stop of repeated questions, with all "us" dedicated wp users/forum/member helpers and mods, keep either bookmarking threads to share with the newbs or posting repeated answers to questions. A good example is, "forum search broken" type threads, I mean shoot!

There is a HUGE sticky right on the front door, and yet, those questions still come through the forums. I know it's not listed on every forum, but still. And there is also other repeated questions all the time too though.

I know were all pointing users to the codex with links, which does help with most I guess, but there is still that % that doesn't even want to look through it.. I guess it was just a suggestion, and it's ok with me with whatever suggestions, opinions and what not.. =)

spencerp

Sorry V. one of those long ones again sigh..