[wp-forums] Who can offer what

Michael Niziol michaelniziol at gmail.com
Sun Mar 19 19:43:09 GMT 2006

I would say that response should go, because it was not the help seeker who
initiated the "pay to play" scenario, but someone who has something to sell.
I think we should do as much as is possible to maintain a community support
system, the only exception to the no marketing rule should be in reply to an
OP who explicitly says that he is willing to pay.

Otherwise it could quickly go down into chaos, say for example: a poster
changed the URI's, which most people manage to fix easily using podz's
guides, but however some "helper" simply posts I'll not only tell you how to
do it, but I will do it for you all for $10. The OP could (and would if they
where new to WP) assume it is difficult and thus it is easier to pay,
meanwhile the "helper" who is now hired to do this, simply reads over podz's
guides and does it.

If people wish to pay for such a service, that's fine, but it shouldn't be
pushed and anyone offering things looking to make money will always push if
they can, unless they are good examples like our mods! :)