[wp-forums] Proposed draft

Michael B miklb.online at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 21:11:19 GMT 2006

Well, it seems from reading ALL of the posts regarding this issues, Matt's
opinion aside, that the consensus is that a services forum is a bad idea.
I'm not even sure those that have suggested the services forum really
believe it to be the best idea, rather are approaching it from a moderation
of the forums standpoint (lump me into that crowd).

And if I'm reading between the lines of Matt's posts, he's suggesting he'd
support a page similar to the recommended hosting one, in which "legit" (who
defines that, I'm not sure) WP support/coders/designers/etc.  If that's the
case, then it would clearly need to be defined that it is outside the scope
of WP support forums, and that the forums are a neutral environment and that
there's a zero tolerance for solicitation of goods/services in the forums,
and ALL threads will be deleted on site by mods, no questions asked.  Even
if the slight hint of commercialization is detected.

Then that leaves the issue of how/where the wp-pro list is promoted, and any
other "lists" are created.  If that's a decision Matt makes, that's great,
not many can argue that.  Do you need to "advertise" yourself to the wp-pro
list, and then the decision is made based on ???

The bottom line is, as Mike Niziol has frequently pointed out, the longer
Vam Yoob's plugin for sale thread exists (even though I think I clearly
noted a decision hadn't been made concerning the thread) the more difficult
it will be to moderate the forum down the road.  Which I'm sure Vicki and
Podz can agree with me on, we care not to have any more difficult a time
doing so than necessary.  Remember, this entire issue was brought t up
directly in relation to our desire to evenly moderate the forum.

I sincerely hope we a final "feeling" is found soon, so we can move on to
helping the scores of new posters each day.

~miklb