[wp-forums] Proposed draft

Podz podz at tamba2.org.uk
Sat Mar 18 17:29:10 GMT 2006

If we can't get a draft, we can't have a forum.
And even if we don't get a forum we still need some consensus about what
is and is not acceptable.

This is a long game - we want these forums to be as useful in a year as
they are today and although I don't think we can get rid of all the
gaming and dubious stuff, we can take steps toward safeguarding a
resource for the many WP users - including those who may feel so out of
their depth and confused that they will start handing over cash.

By these threads here this is an issue which is going to be difficult to
grasp but I don't see that we have a choice. A forum may not be the
answer but we certainly need to define things from where we are.

So with that in mind and to start the ball rolling........ it's there as
a catalyst not a finished article.

--------
We believe that people coming to these forums for assistance should be
given that assistance freely. This is not to deny that money cannot
change hands for services rendered but that people should have to
actively find that information rather than it be forced into view on
every page.

If you are after help, be assured that you will get lots of help in the
forums and there is no need to pay anything at all. No-one gets a better
or a faster service because they pay.

We have a 'abc forum'

If you are selling services, post there.
If you want to recommend services, post there.
If you want to find a good host, look there.
If you want to pay for services, post there.

If what you offer involves the exchanging of money / goods / links /
services or anything else that might be deemed of value to you or
someone else, post in that forum.

If you do not and choose to post elsewhere, then either your post will
be moved or deleted. If you link to this forum from another forum that
post will be deleted.

----
Buyer's rules:
- NOTHING here is endorsed or in any way connected with WordPress on any
official level at all.
- Before you agree to pay anything, do your homework and go look at
their sites. Google them to see what others have said. You can ask in
the abc forum but you cannot ask in the other forums - they need to stay
clean of advertising.
- You have no right of complaint against WordPress for any arrangements
you enter into.

Seller's rules:
- NOTHING here is endorsed or in any way connected with WordPress on any
official level at all and if you say that or hint at it then your post
here will be deleted.
- You get ONE post a month. Any more and they will be deleted.
- You have no right of complaint against WordPress for any arrangements
you enter into.

The above rules can be changed at any time with no notice.