[wp-forums] Moderation Request

Michael Niziol michaelniziol at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 16:56:52 GMT 2006

Vicki, I completely agree that this thread will serve as a test, but my
worry is that the test has already been marked and that the results are
saying that if you do something in this very shady grey area (such as
coerced donations) then the thread will be left because it is a grey area.

As I touched on in my lecture-grade post, there are potentially large
ramifications to any type of even the most passive, placid endorsement
within the forums, leaving a thread such as the one in question does make a
statement, especially since it is an active one, it has been commented to by
moderators (so any shady character could argue since they know it exists and
since it is still up, that it is OK) and since the GPL with respect to
plug-ins for WordPress is very much a grey area, the side of retentive
caution should be erred on.

I'm certainly not trying to be dramatic, but we have to be realistic,
especially when it comes to money, that we can not assume everyone has the
best intentions - I think it's sad that has to be said, but true
nonetheless. Do I think this thread has malicious intentions, probably not.
But the finer that line gets, the harder it will be to figure out where the
line is.

Michael.