[wp-forums] Services forum

Vicki Frei vkaryl at localnet.com
Sat Mar 18 01:01:14 GMT 2006

> I do think there are holes but then are we in danger of over-thinking it
> through ?
>
> P.

Probably.  I'm not going to go into rebuttal on the post which totally missed my
point about phpLD.  What I am going to say is simply that I'm uncomfortable with
any commercial "cross my palm" anything with "free" software.  See
http://wordpress.org/support/topic/65414?replies=11.

I would prefer to see anything commercial de-linked/moderated out and the poster
informed to post to the pro list.  That's my bottom line.  Of course, I'll go
along with the final count/decision.  And yes, I DO think there are better ways
to handle commercial than another list-serv, but at least I don't have to bother
to get mail from it!

I will also state categorically that I'm not happy with the PTBs going off on
whatever the latest lark happens to be (oh yeah - SxSW this week, ain't?),
leaving us to decide on something like this that's fairly far-reaching and very
"new-flavored", but perhaps still deciding to dump us on our butts over it when
they return to "earth".

Yes.  I do quite understand the status quo.  Doesn't mean I'm going to shut up
about it....