[wp-forums] hmmm.

spencerp psgif180 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 17 01:43:22 GMT 2006

I agree with Podz on that. As for the "splog" related stuff, or those "promoting" that type of a site or what not, I would remove it. As for the promoting of "custom" templates and such, like you had moderated here:

http://wordpress.org/support/topic/65279?replies=1

If I remember right, there was a few requests about this not long ago, or whatever for custom templates or themes. It doesn't really bother me about those "types" of threads, as much as the "nonsense" spamming and "splog" related posts.

The spamming and splog stuff are just cluttering the forums with B.S. where as those trying to promote some "custom" templates, are atleast some what "honest" about it, and trying to make a few bucks from their hard work.

As I just overlook those threads usually anyway lol, but they don't really bother me per se. But, as a "possible" suggestion maybe, if it's at all possible that is, maybe make a "special" forum for those offering "customized" themes/templates and some how, not have those threads show up in the Latest Discussion section for all to see.

Basically like a browse through only forum with threads related to or for "customized" stuff, and yet not come through the main support forum's Latest Discussion part.

I dunno, just throwing out my opinions, suggestions or what not..

spencerp

Vote is important.
The forums need - IMO - a balanced view to keep them going. That doesn't mean we have a free-for-all blast on every post or every issue on this list but it does mean that I don't think one person alone should dictate things.

Some things will be crystal clear, others not and this list exists for the purpose of discussion (even if it is a discussion after the fact and we decide that it was an 'Oops' call. We all see the forums from a different view and while none of us are wrong (well sometimes we are ..) we aren't always right either.

If a harsh decision has to be made about some event in the forums than I am perfectly happy to do that and attach my name to it, but for the most  part I think we do need to discuss how we manage the forums for the benefit of WordPress and the people that come to the site for advice and help. It's their interests we serve.

Experience can be useful but new events don't always mean that that experience is of value necessarily.

P.