[wp-forums] hmmm.

Vicki Frei vkaryl at localnet.com
Fri Mar 17 00:25:15 GMT 2006

Vicki Frei wrote:
 > But YOU ARE the maven.... and I will bow to your view because you've
 > been around longer than I.
 >
 > However, if it's a vote....

Vote is important.
The forums need - IMO - a balanced view to keep them going. That doesn't
mean we have a free-for-all blast on every post or every issue on this
list but it does mean that I don't think one person alone should dictate
things. Some things will be crystal clear, others not and this list
exists for the purpose of discussion (even if it is a discussion after
the fact and we decide that it was an 'Oops' call. We all see the forums
from a different view and while none of us are wrong (well sometimes we
are ...) we aren't always right either.
If a harsh decision has to be made about some event in the forums than I
am perfectly happy to do that and attach my name to it, but for the most
part I think we do need to discuss how we manage the forums for the
benefit of WordPress and the people that come to the site for advice and
help. It's their interests we serve.

Experience can be useful but new events don't always mean that that
experience is of value necessarily.

P.

Entirely true.  And we don't always have the luxury of a vote when something's
going on.  But I "vote" to discuss this particular sort of thing a bit more.  I
just personally do not see it in the same light as Denis's situation.... Of
course, we are all aware that I have some peculiar blind spots.