[wp-forums] Security again

Robert Deaton false.hopes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 4 03:04:24 GMT 2006

On 3/3/06, Petit <petit at petitpub.com> wrote:
> Vicki Frei wrote:
> A few minutes later. I'm normally not the alarmist type of guy, but in
> the other thread
> http://wordpress.org/support/topic/63115/page/2
> Post 49 by masquerade shows some good examples of directory listings,
> and I think maybe this could blow up in our faces if nothing is done.

You'll have to excuse me (and I think this is the first time I've ever
said something like this on a list, but...) this whole damn thing is
beeing blown way out of proportion, and whooami and marke1 are just
people who are out to piss us all off and cause unnecessary FUD, and
they're just as bad as the dumbass team who reported these false
vulnerabilities.

Unfortunately, I can only hold off with my own personal views for so
long, as they come up with some new bullshit excuse on why that won't
do everytime. I do wish that we could get some dev feedback, a nice
post on the standings of the current issues and what will and won't be
done, for what reason, so we can stop defending the developers hoping
that they're sane, but hell, its been days of us asking with no
response from Matt, we're up the creek without a paddle once again.

> /Petit

--Robert Deaton
http://somethingunpredictable.com