[wp-design] A Logo Suggestion

Khaled Abou Alfa khaled.aboualfa at gmail.com
Mon Jun 6 18:49:26 GMT 2005

I just want to appologise to Joen for not commenting earlier, but as I said
painful internet connection in Lebanon was not fun, so I refrained from
commenting then. I understand COMPLETELY how long this must have taken him
and it's really good work.

First off I'm going to say that when I first saw these part of me said
'Dammit that bastard stole my idea' :), of course I'd never mentioned that
idea to anyone so that of course wasn't true :). The idea I'm actually
refering to is the glass effect.

When I first saw the previous logo by Jason I thought, yes I can see where
he's coming from, and I can see why Matt likes it, but there's something
missing. There's something that it needs to liven it up. Now the glass
effect can be added and taken off at a later date. It can be updated without
really taking away from the logo itself. So thoughts about it not lasting
and looking outdated isn't really founded, in case anyone was thinking this.

As Joen show's in the third iteration it can work flat as well.

However and I think I'll be the one to show these, as much as I think these
are really well done, I can understand why Matt wouldn't go for them. He's
got a distinct idea in his head, and I've actually come to understand which
direction he's coming from. Whether or not I agree with this direction isn't
the point, but I can see it, and this iteration doesn't hit that goal.

Having said that there is a lot to like with the above design. I love the
evolution of something that sticks out of the circle. That can be elaborated
on. Something that combines the above and the previous design could bring
about what we're looking for.

Joen would you mind sending the psd for the above logo as well? I want to
play around with that and the previous psd.

I like the colour combination and I think we should be using these more in
the actual design of the admin panel as well. We could even bring in a third
complimentary colour as well, I'll have a play around as well.