[theme-reviewers] Settings API required or recommended?

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Mon Sep 29 21:51:30 UTC 2014

I would very much suggest to use the theme-mod system for all cases, and
the Customizer for preference over creating an options page. The new
features in customizer where you can add Panels to contain Sections (which
themselves contain Controls) makes it possible to stuff a lot more controls
and organization in there than you might expect.

If you haven't read this yet, check it out:
https://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/07/08/customizer-improvements-in-4-0/

-Otto