[theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

Tom wptr at edge22.com
Sat Sep 27 17:33:52 UTC 2014

Maybe disrespectful is the wrong word – but if a bunch of WordPress.org admins say no to me, I would drop it and move on.

Saying things like, "I'm sorry but I didn't know my company was now being governed by a bunch of WordPress.org admins, who now get to make business decisions about my product names, and release cycles.." seems a bit disrespectful to me.

We should all be happy and honored to be WordPress theme developers, and should applaud and appreciate the admins for doing what they do – even if we disagree with them sometimes.

I'll leave it there though, as this doesn't have anything to do with me.