[theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

Trent Lapinski trent at cyberchimps.com
Sat Sep 27 05:15:18 UTC 2014

On Sep 26, 2014, at 10:02 PM, Bryan Hadaway <bhadaway at gmail.com> wrote:

> @Otto - No worries man :).
>
> Sure, Responsive is a dumb name, but it's our dumb name, a name that is beyond established and that will continue on.
>
> Let's remain objective and on-point though.
>
> We're asking for an exception in a unique situation. Hopefully we can get a definite yes or no on whether we can get http://wordpress.org/themes/responsive-ii live while also still supporting http://wordpress.org/themes/responsive for end-users and making the upgrade optional, not mandatory.
>
> Please think on it and if it's a no, we'll figure out something else, we always do.

Well put Bryan.

Again from the beginning here I was simply looking for an alternative or a solution to this problem.

I e-mailed this list for help, not to be pushed around.

Otto, just a year ago we were working on solving problems together in person at WordCamp SF, I’m not sure why can’t do the same online.

I don’t make the trends, I just follow them. We just want to release our new theme that we’ve been working on most of this year.

-Trent