[theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

Rohit Tripathi rohitink at live.com
Fri Sep 26 21:48:15 UTC 2014

Another Problem which could come is that, other people will want to create Responsive 3 or Responsive 56 for that matter.
RegardsRohit

Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 14:46:49 -0700
From: jomcastaneda at gmail.com
To: theme-reviewers at lists.wordpress.org
Subject: Re: [theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

I'm perplexed in that you want to have two versions of the same theme. It would be like having Twenty Thirteen and Twenty Thirteen Two with no sidebars. Unless I'm somehow misinterpreting what it is you really want.
If the backend infrastructure is all that's changed then I don't see how it could break sites. That would be like switching from Options Framework to customizer. LIke I said though I could be misinterpreting what you want.

If it will break sites be proactive about it.