[theme-reviewers] Why can't theme authors have a second version of a theme?

Fränk Klein wp-mailing at fklein.info
Fri Sep 26 20:57:42 UTC 2014

I agree with Otto that a new theme should have a new name. If an update breaks users’ sites then it is no longer the same theme, but a different one.

We also should consider that the name Responsive 2.0, Responsive New, Responsive Rewritten or similar names would not fit the current naming guidelines IMO, as the term responsive is too generic to be a good theme name.

That being said, I think people worry too much about names. If the theme has great design and great code, it doesn’t really matter what you call it. So why not give it a beautiful, poetic name?