[theme-reviewers] Forking A Theme

Fikri Rasyid fikrirasyid at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 23:33:18 UTC 2014

Hi all,

I'm currently reviewing this theme
https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20060 and a theme @pseudoxiah made
me aware that that theme is 'a fork' of another theme. The diff can be seen
here:
https://themes.trac.wordpress.org/changeset?old_path=/pinboard/1.1.6&new_path=/clickhome-myhome/1.1

The theme author argues that the reason for him to fork this instead of
creating a child theme is that he wants user to further create a child
theme based on this theme and this theme is made to be compatible and used
with specific plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/clickhome-myhome/)

I honestly think that it is okay to fork and submit a fork as long as the
theme gives appropriate credit to the original theme. However, I'm still
new at this and wonder is there any specific guideline about forking a
theme and submit it to the repo?

Thank you.

--
Best Regards,