[theme-reviewers] Use of sass in wordpress theme

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Wed Oct 15 15:02:39 UTC 2014

It should be unacceptable to not use `get_stylesheet_uri()`.  The output of
this function can be filtered if the theme author doesn't want to load the
`style.css` file.  The theme should be filtering `stylesheet_uri` and
replacing it with the stylesheet they wish to load.

The reason we want theme authors to use specific functions to do specific
things is not simply because WordPress makes these functions available.
That's not a good enough reason.  The reason we do this is because these
functions have hooks associated with them that plugin authors (or child
theme authors) should expect to be available.

Anyway, I'd say this falls under "Themes are required to implement
WordPress template tags and hooks properly."
http://codex.wordpress.org/Theme_Review#Template_Tags_and_Hooks: