[theme-reviewers] recomended vs required

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Mon Oct 13 19:53:33 UTC 2014

> do theme reviewer now start to not approving themes because not doing the
> recomended even already do all required in guidelines?

Recommended guidelines are only recommended.  It's often a good idea to do
them, but you are not required to do so.

> if the theme already pass all the required in the guidelines do theme
> reviewer need to make theme author to do extra recommended guide?

It'd be great if reviewers would mention these things, but there's no
reason a reviewer should hold a theme back from being approved for things
marked recommended.

Also, not all guidelines that are recommended are good for every theme.
For example, the custom background feature is a recommended feature, but it
doesn't make sense to use that feature in all themes.  In fact, it can be a
downright horrible feature to use with some theme designs.  Basically,
recommended items are things we want you to be aware of.  We want you to
think about whether these additions would be a good thing for your theme.