[theme-reviewers] So many themes are still not live

Styled Themes social at styledthemes.com
Sun Oct 12 17:49:45 UTC 2014

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I’m thinking that the concern might be that there are times when large batches of themes go live all at once and anyone who just went live on the “New Themes” list will get bumped off quickly.

There are other times when themes are released and some get to be on the first 15 “new theme” listing up to 2 weeks and times when you might be on it for a day or two, only to be bumped off due to yet another large theme release. I was just thinking about this last night because I just had a theme approved and wondering if I will be on the first 15 for a very short moment in time….

It does get very discouraging to see a theme of yours get buried so quickly while others get the enjoyment of up to a couple weeks. Considering the amount of time and effort a developer can put into a theme in giving back to the WordPress community, themes going live after approval should be done on a more consistent basis for timed releases and to how many get released each time to make it fair for everyone to enjoy being in the first 15 long enough to justify making themes for the repository. Think about this….if you just got released and currently in the 1st spot and then a day later 20 themes get released (go live), you just got bumped down to page 2 of results, enjoying 1 day of being on the front page first 15.

Just my two cents J

Andre