[theme-reviewers] Modifying Default Gallery

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Wed Oct 8 00:35:39 UTC 2014

As long as the user can use the core parameters, there shouldn't be any
issues.  Filtering the gallery shortcode output is one area that, at least
to me, falls clearly in theme territory since we're referring to the
presentational aspect of content.

Of course, plugins could perform the same function, but for that matter,
plugins could perform any function you can do in a theme.