[theme-reviewers] Translating readme.txt

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Sun Oct 5 18:35:21 UTC 2014

On Sun, Oct 5, 2014 at 1:12 PM, Liane Blanco <lianeblanco at gmail.com> wrote:

> To clarify - including the text of the readme.txt file for the theme in
> the .pot file. Forgive my ignorance; until a couple of months ago I haven't
> done anything regarding language files or translations.

No, there is no real reason that you would do this.

Readme.txt files are typically not used by the code and are just there for
direct examination and reading. Translating them would make more sense to
include a separate readme file in a different language or to include the
translated text in the original.

POT files are built automatically, you don't create them by hand. The code
to do this is in the WordPress developer repository.