[theme-reviewers] Google fonts - proper way to integrate in a theme

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Fri Oct 3 22:59:42 UTC 2014

The reason I say it's not something we should be concerned with is because,
for the moment, our focus needs to simply be on making sure themes actually
work correctly.  With all the work we've done over the years, I still don't
feel like we're at a point where we're getting the kind of quality code
that we should be getting from theme authors.  As I look through themes
today, even after they've been reviewed and updated and reviewed and
updated, there's still quite a bit of code that really should be better.

I consider recommending not to use `@import` right there in line with the
Theme Unit Tests.  It's great if theme authors do it, but we've got too
much on our plates as reviewers right now.

We still have problems with basic stuff like getting people to license
their themes correctly, using the right template tags, and learning the
difference between "home" and "front page".  To top all of that off, themes
are only getting more complicated.

I think discussions on the performance of doing something one way vs.
another way are great, but I don't think we're there yet in terms of making
this sort of thing a requirement under the guidelines.