[theme-reviewers] Lite Themes

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Oct 2 11:37:42 UTC 2014

On Thu, Oct 2, 2014 at 6:28 AM, Thomas from ThemeZee <contact at themezee.com>
wrote:

> @Otto: Didn't see your answer until now, thanks for clarification. I
> already had a strong hunch that blocking theme names would never be allowed
> and I do not really intend to do it ;)

I understand that, and I didn't think you would. :)

My point is that this is a reasonable reaction to this sort of thing, and
it's something we want to avoid.

I think the reviewers are capable of recognizing bad actors submitting
themes to the repository and abusing name similarities like this. It
shouldn't need to be said that "spam" or any form of abusive practices are
to be disallowed, obviously. And this really shouldn't need to be codified
into some kind of "rule" that we can follow to the very letter. No such
rule is going to cover all cases equally.

So reviewers, use your brain. You're people, not machines. If the rules
could be made to be 100% perfect for all cases, then we wouldn't need
people to do the reviews.