[theme-reviewers] Lite Themes

Thomas from ThemeZee contact at themezee.com
Thu Oct 2 08:03:53 UTC 2014

Well, it was perfectly fine for theme developers to name their themes with
"Lite" or "Pro", because nobody could take the name with the old guidelines.
Now names are no longer policed, but a lot of developers have named all
their free themes "Theme Name Lite" and it will be confusing to change that
for existing users.

And what is about the other way around? Some developer releases "Theme
Name" and after that another developer comes up with "Theme Name Lite".
Allowed or not? It has basically the same result that there are two
different themes with nearly the same name. When names are no longer
policed in any way we will soon have a lot of different themes with
similiar names.

And my final question: Can I release a dummy theme "Theme Name" in addition
to "Theme Name Lite", which I'll unapprove right away? Basically can I
block theme names? Since names are no longer policed it seems the only way
to prevent the case you have mentioned.