[theme-reviewers] Child theme question

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Fri May 23 00:09:56 UTC 2014

The parent theme will define defaults for each option. Put the defaults in
an array, wrap it in a function (eg themeslug_get_defaults ()), and then
pass the returned output through a custom filter. For example:

function themeslug_get_defaults () {
    $defaults = array( // values here );
    return apply_filters ( 'themeslug_option_defaults', $defaults );
}

Then, you can just add a filter in the child theme.