[theme-reviewers] Child theme question

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu May 22 22:54:57 UTC 2014

Hard to say without more specific details. But the easy way is for the
parent theme to be expandable through the use of actions and filters.

So for example, in the parent, in the function where it's adding the
customize stuff, you could do_action('themename_customize_whatever'); and
then the child could add it's own function to do more stuff, and hook it
into that action.

Same for any settings or options or arrays of "stuff". Run them through an
apply_filters call in the parent, and then the child can use that to modify
them before they make it wherever they're going.

-Otto