[theme-reviewers] Child theme question

Thomas Usborne hello at edge22.com
Thu May 22 22:34:17 UTC 2014

Hi everyone, hope I'm doing this right!

I recently had my first theme added to WordPress.org.

I now want to begin releasing some child themes for it, but have a question
about how to go about doing that.

The child themes will obviously have some CSS etc.. but it will also have
some options changed in the "Customize" section of the parent theme.

Would it be acceptible to display a message to the user upon activation
which would allow them to click a link to import some of the options into
the parent theme?

If not, what's the best way for me to go about this?

Thanks!

Tom