[theme-reviewers] How to request "grandfathered" exception to WP 3.9 Theme guidelines?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Thu Mar 6 20:08:35 UTC 2014

Make no mistake, if I were able to have updated the theme itself and fixed bugs and kept it code compliant with core it would have been far better for the users and myself.   Along with having the plugin/comic easel as something to migrate to when the users were ready, not being forced into it.

As it stands, I lost more money then I made in this last year helping people fix their sites, regardless of how many video’s, tutorials and tools I made to help them migrate.

...and it still goes on and on;  that and WordPress doesn’t have all of the functionality available for common things to co-sync custom post types as regular post types, so functionality was lost between theme and plugin.

Yeah, .. I was and always am in favor for the ‘anything new needs to adhere to the requirements’ – but if it’s a theme that’s been in circulation for a number of years; don’t force it – let it work it’s way up.