[theme-reviewers] Can Options Framework be included with the theme? (Bass Jobsen)

Devin Price devin at wptheming.com
Wed Mar 5 16:46:29 UTC 2014

I'd recommend allowing developers to bundle OptionsTree in the theme if
they like (as with OptionsFramework).  I think the guidelines would be
inconsistent if they didn't allow this.

I also think theme developers should be able to integrate with the
plugin versions of each if they prefer.  Currently the theme guidelines
only allow for bundling of the OptionsFramework.

However, better WordPress core functions for adding options and meta
data would be the best option by far.  If anyone wants to be involved
with a project like this, view the notes here and join us for the
meeting on Friday:
http://make.wordpress.org/core/2014/02/28/metadata-project-meeting-notes/

Cheers,
Devin Price