[theme-reviewers] Options Tree Framework: Group Review Project

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Jun 25 14:28:07 UTC 2014

I think the ThemeForest-sponsored Options Tree framework (
https://github.com/valendesigns/option-tree ) needs a detailed vetting, as
I'm seeing it used in several Themes, and note at least two issues:

1. Saving default settings to the database (not using sane defaults)
2. Multiple wp_options entries (multiple register_setting() and
update_option() calls, based on single-setting ID)

I don't have time at the moment to go through the framework at the level of
detail needed (doing the best I can, just to keep the approval queue in
reasonable shape), so I thought it might be a good idea to make a group
project out of it. Anyone who wants to practice reviewing an options
framework, and who has time to contribute, please dig through it, and post
any comments here.

The purpose here is two-fold: to review this specific framework, and also
to provide an opportunity for new reviewers for whom review of such code
might seem daunting. So, let's see how it goes!