[theme-reviewers] Approved Theme awaiting ADMIN approval

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Jun 18 14:44:32 UTC 2014

The main reason is, we still find too many critical issues - the biggest of
which being bundled resources that have GPL-incompatible licenses.

There's a pretty steep learning curve for understanding everything that
goes into a complete review before Theme approval, and as much as we try to
find ways to reduce the slop of that curve, the reality is that it really
only comes through experience conducting many reviews.

It would be really nice if we had a privilege level between "reviewer" and
"admin" - something like "trusted reviewer", to which we could give the
ability to mark a ticket directly as "Live" instead of as "Approved" (the
latter being what requires Admin review). But, we don't have that, and I'm
not sure if it's possible to implement with the current system.

Note that suspending a Theme after it goes live in Extend is not at all
ideal, and is a very bad experience for end users. It is far better for
Themes to wait longer to go live, than to push more Themes live that later
need to be suspended.