[theme-reviewers] Front Page Implementation

Emil Uzelac emil at uzelac.me
Thu Jun 12 20:14:58 UTC 2014

Not really, theme uses front-page.php as  * Template Name: Front Page

See http://theme.wordpress.com/themes/motif/

Also, WPCOM does not allow what we do at WPORG either :)

For example it must be set like this:

Forefront has three custom page templates that are great for business and
corporate websites.

*Front Page Template*

As the name suggests, this template is perfect for the front page where you
can introduce your business to the world. Rich, powerful, and flexible, the
front page template includes three optional widget areas, a big leading
image with a call-to-action, and two testimonials. (See the image at the
top.)

When you first activate Forefront, you’ll see your posts in a traditional
blog format but if you’d like to use this template as the front page of
your site, here is the instruction.

   1. Create or edit a page, and assign it to the Front Page template from
   the Page Attributes module.
   2. Go to *Settings → Reading* and set “Front page displays” to “A static
   page”.
   3. Select the page you just assigned the Front Page template to as
   “Front page” and then choose another page as “Posts page” to serve your
   blog posts.