[theme-reviewers] Payment Option for Theme Reviews

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 22:08:45 UTC 2014

Issue #1 - More admins. I can't guarantee I can help out much as I have a
lot of projects going on. Ulrich is a far better/best candidate available
right now anyways. His level of involvement (with WordCamps for one -
something I have no interest in) and level of knowledge of all things wporg
far surpass my own (and most of the other people I see joining discussions)
and he's a much more likeable guy. ;)

Issue #2 - Paying the admins that are currently in place. I've always made
it clear that I think that the admins need to be paid. You can argue that
they're simply volunteers and here only of their own volition all you want,
but that's simply BS at this point because if they were to stop
"volunteering" everything would come to screeching halt. Otto is paid, Chip
and Emil should be too. That's much more sustainable.

Issue #3 - Killing the incentive program. I wholeheartedly agree that this
was a bad idea. The pros clearly far outweighed the cons and the program
was ended not because it wasn't working, but because of personal issues
about not liking *how* it was working.

Issue #4 - Holding developers to a higher standard with an even stricter
filter before they can even upload. Not going to work. There are only so
many things a program can check for without error, but when you get more
into subjective/fringe/edge-case territory you NEED human involvement.