[theme-reviewers] Payment Option for Theme Reviews

Tammie Lister karmatosed at gmail.com
Thu Jul 31 21:46:37 UTC 2014

I think it’s worth saying something because there are those of us that
review who see it as absolutely a worthwhile thing to do. I know it’s made
me a better themer and that alone is a good reason to be a theme reviewer.
That said, this is only one reason. It’s something a themer can do and give
back as a contribution.

Michael, if for whatever reason you feel that theme reviewing isn’t a good
fit for you, that’s fine. It is important though and I also think everyone
in this community is grateful to any reviewer. Everyone’s time is valuable,
theme reviewing is a valuable thing you can do. But, again if it’s not
right for you then that is fine. Nobody should be made to be a reviewer.
Encouragement and support rock - enforced reviewing is never fun.

We have to respect each other and realise we all have that thing called
life. Life and work mean we may not have time to review. That’s fine, this
is a community contribution and we should be sure to keep this a
supportive, happy, friendly theme review community. People may come, people
may go - that’s ok, that’s open source. The theme review team admins have a
lot on their plate and a lot of 'balls up in air'. As reviewers I think we
should all make sure we remember that and support them as a community.

As someone that has lead and participated in a theme review groups for
contributions days, I think I have to just say how important these are.
Whether contributors continue or not, that’s not the point. I myself in no
way see it as a recruitment drive. What I do see it as is a potential. A
potential to set a themer on a path where they know about theme checks. A
potential to show them what theme reviews are. If the review bug gets them
- great. If not, well they know more about what should be done with themes
and that will make them a better themer. That I think is pretty cool.

Thanks
Tammie Lister