[theme-reviewers] Payment Option for Theme Reviews

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Thu Jul 31 19:05:53 UTC 2014

On Thu, Jul 31, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Srikanth Koneru <tskk79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the bottle neck is admin time availability.

I grant you that admin time is a problem, but additionally, the fact that
admins have to second guess and redo most reviews is also kind of a problem.

I just went and looked at four "approved" themes in the admin queue. Two of
them had issues that I noticed immediately as being problems.
Big-code-issues that prevent me from going live with them; not just look
and feel type things. The other two I marked live. Now, small sample, I
grant you, but if this holds true throughout this queue, then that's about
40 themes I'll have to return-to-sender instead of marking live.

I can see why the current admins would find this a bit frustrating.

What can help make it such that reviewers are actually doing the entire
review before approving themes? Or is there a focus problem? In the cases
I've seen, it's been functionality issues that are the stoppers at this
stage, not necessarily look-and-feel issues. Most reviews I've been reading
over the last 10 minutes pointed out menu problems, CSS problems, things
like the front-page functionality not working properly, but missed (to me)
big obvious ones like saving defaults to the database or requiring the use
of a plugin. This is the sort of things the admins find and I grant you
that you have to look at the code for them, but I don't think the admins
should need to be second-reviewing everybody's reviews here, but that is
what is happening and why it takes so long.

Should we be assigning reviewers in pairs? Two reviewers per ticket? I
dunno.