[theme-reviewers] Help to Review in Child Theme - Accessibility Ready Theme

Justin Tadlock justin at justintadlock.com
Tue Jul 22 22:34:51 UTC 2014

After giving this some thought, I agree with Chip and Cais that we should
probably only allow the "accessibility-ready" tag on child themes if the
parent theme also has this tag.

One big reason for this is that any single parent theme update could break
accessibility for the child theme.  Then, we'd be in a position of having
to make sure the child theme keeps updated or possibly suspending the theme
(as with a recent discussion).

I really think any improvements like this should be passed back upstream.
 I honestly don't think most theme authors would mind getting some help on
making their theme better, especially if it's something simple enough that
a child theme could fix.  And, if it's not simple stuff, I think the theme
should simply be forked.