[theme-reviewers] Help to Review in Child Theme - Accessibility Ready Theme

Joe Dolson design at joedolson.com
Mon Jul 21 16:41:16 UTC 2014

I'm not sure that's true, actually - if a child theme wants to add
accessibility features and correct accessibility issues in a parent theme,
I don't see any reason that wouldn't be allowed.

Best,
Joe

On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:37 AM, Edward Caissie <edward.caissie at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The a11y guidelines might want to touch on the point that a Child-Theme
> wanting to use the "accessibility" tag *must* (I cannot see any other
> correct word in this case) use a Parent-Theme that has already been
> approved to use the tag.
>

> Edward Caissie
> aka Cais.
>

> On Mon, Jul 21, 2014 at 11:02 AM, Joe Dolson <design at joedolson.com> wrote:
>
>> The guidelines for Accessibility Ready themes are here:
>> http://make.wordpress.org/themes/guidelines/guidelines-accessibility/
>>
>> You're welcome to tackle the accessibility-ready review yourself, but
>> please do cc me on the ticket, as well.
>>
>> The accessibility-ready guidelines are the same for parent and child
>> themes. An accessibility-ready parent does not in any way ensure that the
>> child will also be accessibility-ready.
>>
>> Best,
>> Joe
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 20, 2014 at 10:52 PM, Web Design <
>> webdesignfoundation at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any Guidelines to be followed for the child theme review that
>>> is  Accessibility Ready tag ?

>> --

Joseph Dolson
Accessibility consultant & WordPress developer
http://www.joedolson.com
http://profiles.wordpress.org/joedolson