[theme-reviewers] Is Blog.php is allowed in theme?

Philip M. Hofer (Frumph) philip at frumph.net
Sat Jul 5 18:13:04 UTC 2014

it’s a template that themes have that do the blog loop that can be associated to a page, either custom for specific categories are all

“there’s no way to display it using any other template file”

This is what I use, works fine:

<?php
/*
Template Name: Blog
*/
get_header();

$paged = (get_query_var('paged')) ? get_query_var('paged') : 1;

$blog_query = array(
        'paged' => $paged,
        'post_type' => 'post',
        'in_the_loop' => true,
        'posts_per_page' => comicpress_themeinfo('home_post_count')
        );

$wp_query = new WP_Query(); $wp_query->query($blog_query);
if (have_posts()) {
    while (have_posts()) : the_post();
        $withcomment = 0;
        get_template_part('content', get_post_format());
    endwhile;
    comicpress_pagination();
}

wp_reset_query();