[theme-reviewers] Theme License

Spencer Piontkowski spencer at piontkowski.me
Fri Jan 31 20:42:11 UTC 2014

I apologize. I have only been on the mailing list for a few weeks and
reviewing themes about as long. This was the first time I've seen a
thread dealing with licenses. But, I Googled "site:lists.wordpress.org
license" to search the mailing list archive and found 1520 emails on the
subject, so I guess it's been hashed many times over the last few years.

I noticed that all the threads I read end with something like "themes in
WPORG repository must be GPL-compatible." The message is clear, so
that's what I'll go by. I just wanted to make sure I'm marching to the
beat of the same drum as everyone else when reviewing themes.