[theme-reviewers] Question: Someone Want to Take Benefit From a'Top Reviewer of the Month'.

Bryan Hadaway bhadaway at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 22:15:30 UTC 2014

As far as theme exposure ideas, I thought of a possible win-win.

Okay, so there's already http://wordpress.org/themes/ and
http://wordpress.org/themes/commercial/ for promoting themes, that have
their own requirements for acceptance.

So why not create, in addition, an actual advertising space? Something like:

http://wordpress.org/themes/advertised/

Where theme shops can pay to be listed, which also includes some sort of WP
default rotating - ADVERTISEMENT -  dashboard widget, which can of course
be hidden just as any other stat or promo dashboard widget that already
exists.

Then, a cut of its earnings could go towards the admins and a general
project budget for maintenance and improvements.

I realize it's a long-shot, even if you guys like the idea, it would still
need to pass approval from the higher-ups.