[theme-reviewers] Question: Someone Want to Take Benefit From a 'Top Reviewer of the Month'.

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Jan 29 15:25:32 UTC 2014

On Wed, Jan 29, 2014 at 9:08 AM, Chip Bennett <chip at chipbennett.net> wrote:
> Let's be realistic: a commercial Theme shop devoting labor costs to review
> Themes is primarily a matter of helping to ensure that the Theme shop can
> have their Theme featured. Or is it only coincidence that commercial Theme
> shops started participating in Theme Review when we began the incentive
> program?

It seems to me that there is a difference between having your existing
employees do reviews in the hopes of getting a theme featured vs.
straight up hiring people to do reviews for that explicit purpose.

Advertising space on WordPress.org is not for sale, by any means, and
if that is all that this system has truly become, then we need to
revisit the program.