[theme-reviewers] Question: Someone Want to Take Benefit From a 'Top Reviewer of the Month'.

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Wed Jan 29 14:12:46 UTC 2014

IMHO, as long as the relationship is disclosed, there's nothing wrong with
it. Commercial Theme shops currently review Themes, with the intent of
winning the review incentive, and having one of the Theme shops' Themes
featured. There's nothing wrong with that at all. The Theme shops review
Themes under the Theme shop's WPORG username, and it's all open. And to be
counted toward the incentive, tickets must not only be closed as
"approved", but also pushed live by an admin after the post-approval audit
step.

I don't see any opportunity for the system to be gamed, and there is
nothing inherently wrong with Reviewers getting paid for their time and
effort. The key is full disclosure, so that the relationship (and
featured-theme selection) is transparent.

Just my opinion...