[theme-reviewers] Question: Someone Want to Take Benefit From a 'Top Reviewer of the Month'.

Kharis Sulistiyono kharisblank at gmail.com
Wed Jan 29 14:04:42 UTC 2014

I'm WordPress theme reviewer. Someone suddenly tried to make direct
contact via email this evening. He wanted to take benefit from my
theme reviewing works. Here is the main idea of the message:

"You will just review the wp.org themes as you do now, and we will pay
you for it. But you need to be a top reviewer of the month so you can
choose our theme to be in the featured section. Is this interesting
for you? Let us know. Thanks."

I want to know whether it is allowed or not. Had anyone ever had
similar experience?

If you were in my position, as professional theme reviewer what will you do?

>From my personal point of view, doing something like this is not good.
It is a crucial issue dealing with maintaining featured themes
quality. Because it is driven by money rather than objectiveness of
theme reviewers.

How WordPress respond this problem? Further more, I'm really curious
of how WordPress maintain the featured themes stay badass and
'healthy'.

All the best.