[theme-reviewers] Theme naming feedback

Chip Bennett chip at chipbennett.net
Thu Jan 23 13:22:05 UTC 2014

My personal take is that, while we have valid reason to prohibit use of
terms like "WordPress", "Theme", "Twenty {Year}", etc., we should otherwise
be as open as possible regarding Theme Name terms. If a developer want to
use a common term, then the developer assumes all risk associated with use
of that term.

So, if someone names a Theme "Marketing Term du Jour", and someone else
names their Theme, "Blue Marketing Term du Jour": not our problem. They're
distinct Themes in the directory; SVN sees them as distinct Themes. We
(WPTRT) don't care otherwise.

Just my opinion...